In Myeloma there are 2 theorys for treatment. Stem cell transplants, i.e. either one or more likely 2 or
just chemotherapy and a wait and see attitude about remission. I guess there is a third option, chemotherapy then harvest stem cells and "wait" for transplant? I have placed my therapy in the hands
of UAMS-MIRT and their aggressive approach. My theory on life is attack, attack and when you are tired attack again! So Little Rock is my way to go, I am not urging this on others, but I see where people on the Myeloma Beacon are just not receiving the standard of care they could be and I find that sad. Regular blood tests, SPEP, Gene arrays and Bone marrow biopsy's are a "must" for adequate care.
My next appointment, trip to UAMS is in September and between now and then I have my monthly blood work, urinalysis and Zometa infusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment