My bone marrow biopsy core and aspirate reports a small increase in plasma cells and the smears taken for further evaluation show the "plasma cells are focally grouped." My M protein was 1.8g/dl in the biopsy with my bloodwork M-protein at 0.8 g/dl, my Kappa Free LT Chn 2.76 high, K/L ratio 1.71 high and my Lambda/Kappa ratio Free LC was low 0.58 These are classic signs according to the Myeloma research of "evolving disease."
I had many questions for Dr. B about these results. He indicated all was stabile and based upon my other blood test results, white blood cell counts, Hematacrit, etc. that I would stay on the same
every 2 months blood testing and every 3 months Zometa infusion. My next trip to Little Rock barring a bad blood test from the Dr. B box's is September 16, 2013!!!!! Which is fine by me..... It is a lovely town but I associate it with my late brother's trips to MIRT and all of my trips now! Bad association.
My wife and I visited Maumelle Park, walked up Pinnacle Mountain, aka 1000 footer...LOL ... and had a picnic and we went through 2 Rivers walking trial and bike path..... we saw a movie, "The campaign" they were nice diversions but Little Rock is probably tainted forever in my mind.
We met the first "Natural Killer cell" transplant receipient and his wife. He is still going strong after
being diagnosed in 1993. He told me his transplant was in June of last year and has been on no maintence since than, which is wonderful! We also spoke to a young man from Louisana who is in his 30's and is going strong after his transplants..... so it is very encouraging ....in the long run and I am cautiously optimistic, but realistic about this disease!
No comments:
Post a Comment